Self-promotional novelty giveaway
Creating a leave piece that is memorable and intriguing enough that people keep it on their desk but also is not too impractical in a meeting room/trade event situation is often a tall order.
For my latest piece of shameless self-promotion I wanted to work with the postcard format as it is easy to manage for the recipient but offers a decent amount of space to do something with.
Mini-golf is a regular theme in my work and for this latest piece I created a postcard that can be turned into a desktop obstacle (par 1 is possible). The piece was supplied complete with 5 balls and a lollipop that can be imbibed and the stick then converted into a handy 'palm putter.'
n.b If you are lucky enough to be in receipt of one, why not build it right now?
- Fold along central dotted lines to create gutter obstacle
- Cut and fold back rear rebound walls
- Punch hole (using hole punch, leather punch, skewer etc)
- Fold back rebound wall deflectors
- Secure rear rebound walls with tape
- Cut and remove (or fold back) front rebound walls for desired difficulty
- Fold along central dotted line to create launch ramp
- Elevate 'green' area with pencil or other object of similar height
- Screw putter head into lollipop stick. It is a tight fit, for safety reasons, so be careful!
- Place ball on tee area
- Now let's Golf!